Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cupcakes 3,4, and 5!



I'm late updating this week but I managed to make three different cakes! They were all of course delicious. I think most of the cupcakes in this book are fairly simple to make!! I'm also noticing that the recipes are making more than what it says it will. Most say they make a
dozen or a dozen and a half but I'm finding them to make at least a half dozen or a dozen more than suggested. Although no one is complaining :) Maybe I should buy some bigger pans, then there would be giant cakes!




Cupcake #3
Date and Pecan Muffins
These were really good. Especially for a breakfast muffin! I didn't really think I would like dates in it that much but they are pretty good! I thought this was a very heavy muffin and kind of dry, but still good!







Cupcake #4
Baked Cheesecakes

Can you say yum? Of course I'm a cheesecake lover so I thought these were delicious! And so cute because they are mini! I substituted blackberries
on them instead of the blueberries the recipe suggested, I didn't see any nice looking fresh blueberries at the time and the blackberries were perfect! I tried some chocolate syrup on a couple as well: chocolate+cheesecake=yummychumz
Cupcake #5

These were awesome as well! Although there was no oatmeal in it, to me it they tasted just like Banana Oatmeal cookies. The honey made them extra sweet they were also a great breakfast muffin. They baked up moist and fluffy, but I thought there were too many walnuts. Either way, they were good.


1 comment:

  1. Li'l Katey Po! I absolutely loved the cheesecakes. Love blackberries and they were so decadent and rich. Que rico! Make many many more! The date and pecan muffins reminded me of a yummy morning treat. Definitely good warmed up and next time maybe serve with warm butter! I give 5 stars to both. Didn't sampe the honey banana ones but they look great! good luck with the rest of your baking and keep up the good work my love!

    ReplyDelete